Your mat is your space. Your space to practice, your space to breathe, your space to work on yourself, taking care of this special mat is important.
What you need:
- Diluted yoga mat cleaner spray, preferably your RGYM MATgic spray
- Lint brush or a soft brush
- Clean Towel/cloth
- Daily cleaning - “the brush and wipe”: It’s best to use a soft brush (we love using a lint brush) or a wet towel to wipe and leave it in the shade or partial sun and let it dry completely (best to avoid direct sun exposure).
- Partial cleaning - “spray and wipe”: Clean your RGYM mat with a yoga mat cleaner spray (or even better with your RGYM MATgic cleaning spray) and a small clean towel, then wipe it twice with a wet towel and leave it in the shade and dry completely, avoid direct sun exposure. This helps keep it clean, free from nasty bacteria and smelling nice and fresh.
- Deep cleaning - “the big dive”: Fill the bathtub with cold water and use a tiny bit of mild detergent (like dish soap or hypoallergenic laundry detergent). Then wipe the mat with a damp cloth and rinse. Finally, absorb excess water with a dry towel and leave it in the shade and dry completely, avoid direct sun exposure.
- Washing machine - “the ultimate cleaning”: A gentle / delicate machine wash cycle can be used, but we do advise against this as over time it can cause the corners of the micro suede top layer to peel from the rubber base and curl upwards. [Do not put in clothes dryer, iron or dry clean your RGYM yoga mat]
Before rolling and storing your mat, please make sure it is completely dry.
Further TIPS to keep your mat clean:
- Store it properly: Keep your mat in a cool, dry, location out of direct sunlight. This will also keep it from degrading
- Wash feet and hands before practice
- Air out the mat regularly
Consider placing a towel on top of your mat while practicing.
You can purchase your own RGYM yoga mat cleaning spray here.